Re: control surfaces (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] GUI-free ardour)

Subject: Re: control surfaces (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] GUI-free ardour)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 06:30:51 EEST

> For variable values, i have the wonderful 'bitstream pro' midi controller,
> which gives me 8 sliders, 32 knobs, 8 toggle switches, and an lfo-driven
> parameter.

whats the price on this, compared to the PC1600X (16 sliders, 16
buttons, plus a data wheel) ? can it generate 14 bit CC values ?

> Regarding control of sound card's hardware mixer, GDAM has no support for
> this. One of GDAM's weaknesses is that a song can be moved between
> devices, but a song cannot be played to two devices at once.

I initially thought that you meant "routed to 2 soundcards, with the
channels split across them". But now I see (I think) that you mean
"duplicate the output and send it to multiple devices", right ?

--p