Re: [linux-audio-dev] lad archive down

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] lad archive down
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 01:43:16 EEST

Benno Senoner wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> > Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> > >
> > > Xavier Hosxe just notified me that the LAD web archive wasn't working.
> > > It seems that it has been down ever since 19.3.2001 until 6.4.2001. The
> > > error messages have gone to linux-audio-dev-owner, so I haven't even
> > > noticed the problem. Oh well, I just manually bounced the lost messages
> > > from my personal mailbox to the archive so no messages are lost... Big
> > > thanks to Xavier for the notification.
> >
> > speaking of owner-linux-audio-dev, mr. burton, where are you ???
> >
> > seems he has dropped off the net entirely. keep your fingers crossed
> > that nothing happens to majordomo.
> >

> BTW: I (and many other LADers) would sleep more comfortably if at least a few
> of the (active) members has access to the list of email addresses, just in case
> something should go wrong.
>
> You know building communities is not easy, and loosing these great people on
> the list would be really sad.
>
> Can someone try to contact the list maintainer in order to try to work out
> something ?

i have been trying to do so for quite some time. nothing.
what i have is the email address of the guy who operates
ginette.musique.umontreal.ca, and he has been so kind as to send me
a list of LAD email addresses. if mr. burton turns out to be
digitally dead, maybe we should ask him to hand over the list
ownership to someone else, possibly one of us...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany