Re: [linux-audio-dev] WMA files

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] WMA files
From: Richard Dobson (RWD_AT_cableinet.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 15:29:15 EEST

Well, it (CPRM) is described in the DDJ Editorial (march 2001), and
according to this web page:

http://www.dvdcca.org/4centity/tech/cprm/

it is already at version 0.9, courtesy of IBM, Intel, Matsushita and
Toshiba.

Having read a few more thibngs, saying 'all hard disks' is a bit OTT.
CPRM is targetted at the AT/ATAPI interface.

And Richard Stallman apparently is taking CPRM very seriously.

Interestingly, Microsoft are opposing this 'initiative' - must be
strange to see M$ as a potential ally in adversity!

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrwd (LU: 3rd July 2000)