Re: [linux-audio-dev] new LAD host ? [was:Re: lad archive down]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] new LAD host ? [was:Re: lad archive down]
From: Nick Bailey (n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 16:36:48 EEST

Richard Dobson wrote:

> I have little enthusiasm for sourceforge myself. It seems to have a low
> content/eye-candy ratio, and from here, the far side of The Pond,
> hanging off a 56K modem, it can be veeery slooow.
>
> Richard Dobson

I've got a couple of projects on sourceforge, and haven't had any probs.

There's nothing wrong with eye candy if what's underneath works, surely?

As for VA pulling the plug or whatever, shouldn't be a problem:
sourceforge is open source isn't it (you can run your own I believe
although I've not looked in to it too much) You don't have to use all
that stuff anyway: command-line cvs works just fine.

Nick/