RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA Prototype

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA Prototype
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 01:14:17 EEST

In the streaming model, there's nothing to stop members of the community
being coded so their algorithm is of form "I'm a brainless idiot. When you
tell me to get busy I'll do my processing and send you the results straight
away." The algorithms that this suits will be happy in either the LAAGA or
LADMEA worlds. Other ("free thinking") algorithms that don't have this
approach (e.g. something listening to a MIDI port or real-time GUI) are much
less happy in the dictatorship.

LADMEA is quite different to GLAME and GStreamer in that it is not an
application, but a short API that allows a client to communicate with such
applications.

--Richard