Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Csnd] [OT] Cool Edit & Snd comparison survey

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Csnd] [OT] Cool Edit & Snd comparison survey
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 21:19:09 EEST

> > > Also being able to open any
> > > file just by specifying bit depth, sample rate, etc. is useful
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand -- could you send me more info about this?
>
> I was unclear... Replace the word "open" with "record".
>
> === Kevin Conder, kevin_AT_kevindumpscore.com

Hmm, I wrote those original words (or we both wrote something identical!)
and what I was referring to was CE's ability to open absolutely any file
(for example an executable with embedded samples, or an image of a hard
disk) as an audio file if you tell it what bit depth, sample rate, byte
order and number of channels to use.

Paul.

  m a x i m | digital audio

    http://mda-vst.com