Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 22:33:46 EET

>LCP.Version: 0.0.1

     seems useful, though i hope it never is :)

>LCP.Toolkit: GTK

      we don't care about the toolkit in any way. we really don't.
      and besides, "GTK" wouldn't be enough even if we did. we'd
      need version info for the toolkit. ick.

>DC.Coverage: 1220

>Where DC.Coverage: is a comma seperated list of the ladspa_id's that this
>gui understands (or a range, or * ?)

      why make the host's life difficult? why not just do this
      in the filesystem? i don't want to have to have ardour
      discover every GUI it can, determine capabilities of each
      one, and keep track of it.

      i just want to be able to say: we need a GUI for plugin ID 1220,
      can we find a suitably-named file in LADSPA_GUI_PATH?

>DC.Title: Harmonics generator GTK interface

      what's this for ? the plugin can ensure that its window
      has title decorations.

>DC.Identifier: http://plugin.org.uk/guis/harmonics_generator_gtk
>DC.Creator: Steve Harris
>DC.Creator.email: steve_AT_plugin.org.uk

      why would we care about any of this?

--p