Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:03:32 EET

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> >> how to identify a "gui" is another question. we don't dlopen() them -
> >> just fork/exec, so there needs to be a filesystem-based method of
> >> identifying them as candidates.
> >
> >--metadata? Or do you want something that doesn't involve execing them?
>
> i'd prefer it. execing and reading and parsing stdout is a bit more
> work than i'd really like to see ...
>
> when i said "identify a gui" i didn't mean "given a LADSPA plugin ID,
> find a GUI". i meant "given a directory of inodes, how to tell which
> ones might be GUIs". i'd prefer a consistent naming scheme:

Well - you might have more than one GUI for one plugin, you may have
more than one plugin for one GUI, etc. So I'd rather suggest having
/usr/share/ladspa/pluginname.conf or the like where you can specify
the GUI to use - provide a default.conf for plugins without .conf files
to specify the generic GUI. Also having such a file would allow putting
the property defines there, too (as discussed in the LADSPA extension
thread).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/