Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:20:59 EET

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:03:32 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:

> Well - you might have more than one GUI for one plugin, you may have
> more than one plugin for one GUI, etc. So I'd rather suggest having
> /usr/share/ladspa/pluginname.conf or the like where you can specify
> the GUI to use - provide a default.conf for plugins without .conf files
> to specify the generic GUI. Also having such a file would allow putting
> the property defines there, too (as discussed in the LADSPA extension
> thread).

Ideally it would be good to avoid having a central config file. It can be
out of sync with the instalations. Also requiring installing and
uninstalling guis to write to the file introduces locking problems and so
on.

It looks like we can do al the stuff we need with filename/paths and
anything wacky could be handled with metadata (I we agree its a good
idea).

- Steve