Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 06:27:41 EET

>> I understand what you are saying but that still seems to me a roundabout
>> way to solving the core of the problem. My thought is if we already have
>> a capability of low-latency interaction between apps via JACK, we should
>> rework it so that JACK becomes a powerful kernel daemon which would be
>> capable of routing signal however we wanted it independent of apps......
>
>Huh? Why?

I didn't see the message this was replying too (i filter out a lot of
HTML formatted mail automatically now; perhaps that was the reason),
but i want to echo the "huh? why?" response.

putting JACK into the kernel wouldn't make anything faster by more
than a couple of hundred instructions. if you think that it would, you
don't understand how JACK works or what its attempting to do.

--p