RE: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 13:22:04 EET

> the problem is: go ahead and produce that exciting and wonderful live
> performance, and then, assuming it was so great you'd like to make a
> CD from it ponder: how do i record it? how do i edit all the tracks?
> etc. ... the gaps start to appear fairly immediately, as i'm sure you
> know.

To be honest I only burned data cd's in Linux so far (oops! there goes
my whole argument down the drain :-), but from what I've seen with
XCD-roast and Gnome Toaster, it shouldn't be that far-fetched at this
point. I agree, there are a lot of holes to be plugged, but even in this
state, linux sure beats crapple and winhose experiences.

> If i *did* believed that, i would be sitting here at 4am working on
> developing apps that can bring ease and power to working with gobs of
> audio data, recording it, editing it, arranging them, mixing and
> processing them :)

Well, if this makes you feel better, it's 6 am over here, and I am
finally getting ready to crash (although for all the wrong reasons) :-).
Keep me posted when you start shipping those linux machines of yours
loaded with audio stuff, so that I can get my studio to purchase a
couple :-)

Ico

P.S. Any thoughts as to what distribution will use the linux machines
you'll be selling? Also, any plans to soup 'em up with a powerful video
editing capabilities?