Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: David Gerard Matthews Jr. (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 00:45:33 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> >Who says you need ProTools?
>
> its cheaper than drugs, though in the long run, it may screw up your
> life more, particularly if you decide to try to reimplement it ;)

Well, despite my earlier comments, I really appreciate your efforts in
that direction:) I should also mention that I use ProTools, Digital
Performer, and a Tascam MDM set-up at my university's studios on a
regular basis, so I'm hardly unaware of the technical advantages of such
things, but all the same, to say that it's impossible to create
good/interesting work with the currently available crop of Linux audio
software somewhat misses the mark, IMHO.
Having said all that, I really do look forward to having Ardour+JACK
running on Linux, because then we'll really have the best of all
possible worlds. (I really think that Linux is hands down already the
best platform for software synthesis and algorithmic composition.)
-dgm