Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 03:47:38 EET

>things, but all the same, to say that it's impossible to create
>good/interesting work with the currently available crop of Linux audio
>software somewhat misses the mark, IMHO.

i agree. thats not what i said. i think you can definitely produce
good/interesting work with the currently available crop of linux audio
s/w. i don't think you can produce certain kinds of work (easily or at
all), and i also think that the learning curve to produce any kind of
work is remarkably steep.

>Having said all that, I really do look forward to having Ardour+JACK
>running on Linux, because then we'll really have the best of all
>possible worlds. (I really think that Linux is hands down already the
>best platform for software synthesis and algorithmic composition.)

i almost agree. the existence of tools like reaktor and the pulsar for
s/w synthesis gives me some pause for thought.

--p