Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 03:52:14 EET

>P.S. Any thoughts as to what distribution will use the linux machines
>you'll be selling? Also, any plans to soup 'em up with a powerful video
>editing capabilities?

if i use any distribution at all, it will probably be demudi, which in
turn is based on debian.

but i really don't care about distributions. they have caused me so
much grief developing ardour that i prefer to think about "linux". my
machine, for example, is a hybrid of many different things. it works
great. in fact, i would imagine that the machines will have a system
disk based largely on a (filtered) mirror of my own system.

the only reason why distributions might matter is in terms of upgrade
tools. but my impression is that of the good tools work on all
distributions, so ...

anyway, there are lots of questions here that i don't want to try
answer till ardour is closer to stable usability.

--p