Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample rate conversion (was .....)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample rate conversion (was .....)
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 13:43:07 EET

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> I am aiming for a filter with a very narrow transition band and stop
> band attentuation of at least 96dB. This requires large numbers of
> coefficients (>256) and for problems like this, the Remez algorithm
> fails miserably.

FFT is ideal for that kind of filtering. You can get quite narrow transition
band with 8192 point FFT. Now I've been testing filter with 144 dB
attenuation at stopband. Designed using Kaiser window, but I also have
Dolph-Chebyshev version.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers