[linux-audio-dev] Snd

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Snd
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 17:53:19 EET

>From: Bill Schottstaedt <bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
>
>> Bill, what is your opinion on people who don't contribute code
>> but only feature ideas and design?
>
>It depends on whether they've made any effort at all to find out
>what the program does already.

Bill (or anyone), does Snd have those features I suggested months ago,
or not? Yes, I have read the manual.

Short list of suggested features (check details with me in email):
 -playing around the selection edges in various ways,
 -software volume gain at least up to +64 dB,
 -EDL which doesn't waste user's time in basic editing (as is wasted
  in Sound Forge),
 -recording dropout markings on the waveform (or any reporting at all).

Are these features in other basic Linux audiowave editors?

It is often said that users can affect the development much better
and get results much faster in Linux than in other systems, but
that seems to not be true at all. The first feature listed above
has been in my wish list for four years now. OK, maybe the new year
changes the situation.

Best regards,

Juhana