[linux-audio-dev] linux-based music OS

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] linux-based music OS
From: douglas irving repetto (douglas_AT_music.columbia.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 18:52:22 EET

http://sonikmatter.com/interviews/aikin/

"What I'd love to see (and this is my own idea, not anything I've heard
rumors of) would be a dedicated music OS for the PC. Perhaps a
streamlined variety of Linux. The reasons why people avoid computers
have to do with their perceived complexity and unreliability, and the
steepness of the learning curve. If a manufacturer were able to develop
and support a dedicated OS that was stable, powerful, and easy to learn,
it would offer musicians a lot of advantages, and probably attract a lot
of adherents."

--
.......douglas irving...........................http://dorkbot.org