Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux-based music OS

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux-based music OS
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 21:14:55 EET

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:52:22 -0500
douglas irving repetto <douglas_AT_music.columbia.edu> wrote:

> http://sonikmatter.com/interviews/aikin/
>

> "What I'd love to see (and this is my own idea, not anything I've heard
> rumors of) would be a dedicated music OS for the PC. Perhaps a
> streamlined variety of Linux. The reasons why people avoid computers
> have to do with their perceived complexity and unreliability, and the
> steepness of the learning curve. If a manufacturer were able to develop
> and support a dedicated OS that was stable, powerful, and easy to learn,
> it would offer musicians a lot of advantages, and probably attract a lot
> of adherents."

Douglas,

What you want is DeMudi

    http://www.demudi.org/

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
From Time magazine, "Numbers" section:
 $5 million:  Estimated annual cost for a 10-year program that
              would identify large asteroids most threatening
              to earth.
 $75 million: Budget for "Deep Impact", a film about the
              devastation caused when a comet hits earth.