Re: [linux-audio-dev] Which Linux Distribution For ALSA?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Which Linux Distribution For ALSA?
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 03:30:09 EET

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:49, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> Well, I find it very easy to use Debian.
> But if this is your first encounter with Linux, that might not be the best
> idea ...
>
> I would recommend you the latest SuSE I think ...

Good call (most likely) and very sad, I'm a hardcore Debian
user since '95 and I also would not recommend Debian for a
first time linux user. It's 2002 tomorrow and a user would
have to locate an ISO and burn it themselves or deal with
floppies... neither of which is a satisfactory option this
side of this century. Mind you, once Debian is installed
then an "apt-get install pd gem" gets something that can
make noise easier than on other platforms, but "noise" is
right on my SBlive as the output is unusable. I trust that
Suse is easy to install and has a profesionally tuned ALSA.

--markc