Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA article announcement

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA article announcement
From: Conrad Parker (conradp_AT_cse.unsw.EDU.AU)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 10:20:44 EET

[ok, so I'm waaaaay late on this one ...]

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 10:47:41AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I've begun to collect material for an article I'll be writing for the
> O'Reilly Network. It will focus on LADSPA, and it will include some user
> guides as well as some technical explanation. I will undoubtedly request
> assistance from some of the LADSPA gurus here, but I'll do most of that
> questioning off-list.
>
> However, I've already run into some problems regarding
> implementations, specifically with terminatorX and Sweep. ...
>
> Sweep simply ignores the plugin effects completely. I'm using the most
> recent CVS version, but the data entry boxes for the app won't take
> anything but integer values. Not that it matters anyway, because nothing
> happens after appying the plugin.

I've finally got around to fixing the problem with the data entry boxes
... I set the default step to 0.01 rather than 1.0 in the spinbutton. Is
that precise enough or should it be lower?

the other problem, as I think someone mentioned earlier, was that you
need to select a region before applying a plugin. This should probably
be changed; but plugins certainly do get applied.

the fixes are in CVS, I'll probably release a new version soon ...

Conrad.