Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencer Sync Woes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencer Sync Woes
From: Billy Biggs (bbiggs_AT_DIV8.NET)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 00:51:06 EET

Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net):

> i'll rephrase :) find me someone who is generating MIDI sync (i would
> call them "clock") pulses on Linux ...

  I guess . . . :) Seems like a pretty important 'feature' to me. :)

> you're also not carrying usecs over from each computation. i found
> that the "error" could accumulate fairly quickly.

  I think I do carry:

        while( diff > usecs_per_tick ) {
                diff -= tt;
                ++midiclockcounter;
        }

  After this while, diff is set to how many usecs have past since the
beat we last played was supposed to be played. I then subtract that
from the current time, an call that last_sec, last_usec.

  So, our next due date occurs sooner if we're late. This (hopefully)
compensates for error. Am I wrong?

--
Billy Biggs                     bbiggs_AT_dumbterm.net
http://www.billybiggs.com/      wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca