Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux - another ambitious lad-ish project

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux - another ambitious lad-ish project
From: Richard Dobson (rwd_AT_cableinet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 18:29:26 EET

Having already taken a quick peek at the source, I have one fundamental
suggestion - don't hardwire assumptions of stereo anywhere, such as
"int channelL, channelR". Even if it only supports stereo now, which is
fair enough at an early stage of development, so long as the code can
deal with nChannels, the project can grow easily and organically.
Stereo-only systems will be all but obsolete in a year or two!

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrwd (LU: 3rd July 2000)