[linux-audio-dev] OSS SETFRAGMENTS

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSS SETFRAGMENTS
From: Iain Sandoe (iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 17:46:40 EET

Hello,

I'm getting a little confused by odd bits of code I see which do this:

val = 256 ; (or some other number)
ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENTS, &val) ;

my reading of the OSS manual (1.1) says that the arg to SETFRAGMENTS is

NNNNSSSS where NNNN is the number of fragments and SSSS is log2(frag size).

Am I missing an "escape" or some other "accepted" practice that means that
the first method will work with some hardware?

(it won't BTW with the PMac driver I've been working on... well it won't
crash but it won't behave as the author presumably intended).

ciao,
Iain.