Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour finally gets some competition

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour finally gets some competition
From: rob (rob_AT_kaybee.org)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 19:19:20 EET

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Steve Harris wrote:
> Mmmm, that's cheap. Ardour obviously has many advantages over things like
> this, but the big win with this type of thing is the remote trasport and
> meter panels. I've been trying to think of ways to (affordably) add
> something like this to ardour, but its hard. Maybe someone will make a
> USB HID recorder remote, there must be a market out there with all the
> cubase users. There's the protools hardware, but that uses custom
> interfaces I expect.

what would be the requirements? i could see this happening for under
200 USD if you mean what i think. on the plus side, i have helped
develop a usb peripherial which would probably be general enough to do
this. all that would need to be added would be the physical sliders,
switches, and meters.
                                rob

----
Rob Melby
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: rob_AT_kaybee.org, gt4255a_AT_prism.gatech.edu