Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie: searching a good library for audio + midi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie: searching a good library for audio + midi
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 10:01:29 EET

In Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:13:28 +0100 Thomas Guettler <guettli_AT_interface-business.de> cum veritate scripsit :

> I am searching a API that lets me make music with audio samples and
> midi. I want to add some effects to it and mix + loop it.
>
> Ecasound is goog for hard disk recording. But I think it is not
> possible to loop samples.

Ecasound is able to loop samples, afaik.

The easiest would be using a MIDI editor like sted2 to write MIDI data, then
process it with timidity down to a wavefile.

This is now easy to process with ecasound.

I won't describe ecasound as a hard disk recorder. I would call ecasound
a sound effects processor. It's good for mixing things down, in my humble
opinion, that is.

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113_AT_mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp
                                            Debian: dancer_AT_debian.org