Re: [linux-audio-dev] Showing off LAD at the Linuxtag 2001?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Showing off LAD at the Linuxtag 2001?
From: Robert Schrem (robert.schrem_AT_WiredMinds.de)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 23:11:55 EET

Hi,

I just add myself to this mailing list and have already
something to offer, just for the case you really participate
on the Linux Tag:

- I could help out at your booth at some day's
- some PC's (no soo high performance, currently 2x400MHz
  dual processor and 400MHz & 450 MHz singleprocessor
  computers. Can get faster one's if neccessary :)
- RME DIGI 9652 and an old RME 32 with one ADAT I/O
- Monitors (17' and 21' tube and 15' LCD, others if
  neccesary)
- An O2/R digital mixer (with one ADAT Interface (only))
- A Near Field monitoring system with subwoofer
- A DAT Recorder
- Mic's & Kables
- A Wacom tablet
- Table and chairs (if needed)
- Lot's of 'profesional' Windows stuff (Samplitude,
Pulsar, Nord Modular, Cubase with many plugin's)
for those of you, who fancy a look on the windows
side of audio processing :)
- probably a PA (would have to ask a friend)
- CDROM burner and various other stuff, just ask

A nice feature is that all this stuff is located in my
recording studio in about 500 meter distance from the
location of the LinuxTag. (Yes, I also have a van :)

Because of the value of the hole equipment security
must be ensured at all times - also the equipment must
be insured somehow. The rest would be totally free !

Also my flat is only a few hundred meter in (an other)
distance from the Stuttgarter Messezentrum where the
LinuxTag will happen - Just a nice walk throught a
park... :) So I could propably even help out with some
accomodation, for those VIP folkes of you from far
away that deserved it ;)

I could also organize some after show events for the
linux audio people - like some barbecue (it will be
summer!!) or a stuttgarter pub trip - whatever you want...

And yes - I think some of you should get together
a whitepaper for a conference about linux and audio.
(Sorry I'm affraid a can't help out on this one,
I don't have much experiance in this field... :)

I think your idea of participating at the LinuxTag is
really great! I've been there last summer and it was the most
interesting linux fair I ever went. Richard Stallman hold a
3 hour 'keynote' that was one of the big highlights (Alan
Cox also hold another interesting keynote - there where
dozens of interesting talks and round tables - kernel
issues, kde, gimp, security - whatever you want, but
NO AUDIO :(

I think we should get in contact with RME to get the
sponsoring for the travelling costs for at least some
of you form far away. Maybe we could endorse RME
Products with a little poster or similar at our booth -
I think that should work out...

So please feel yourself welcome to stuttgart
and get yourself prepared (get that whitepaper
done !-)...

see you...

your
robby