[linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag things to do:

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag things to do:
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 12:02:33 EET

ok, here's a little summary of the resources we have available and
the things that need to be done for a LAD presentation at LinuxTag:

already there:
==============

booth space: frank has already got a confirmation.
hardware: jörn, dual p3/600/512m, sblive, ens1371
              robert, dual p2/400 and two 400+ UP machines
              jörn, some 100baseT network gear
audio gear: robert, plenty of studio stuff, PA (?)
              jörn, some studio stuff, a good keyboard

the following folks have offered to hack up some computer music
demonstration with bells and whistles and lots of blinking lights:

nicola bernadini (csound)
maurizio umberto puxeddu (csound ?)
françois dechelle (jmax)

[do you guys want to show up in person and run the stuff yourselves
? do you need expenses paid ? this will of course depend on
sponsors.]

to do:
======

* a short paper on what we want to show, and why
* a list of software that is to be demonstrated, and folks who
really can operate it
   * we MUST get a bunch of LADSPA hosts running
   * i'd love to see ardour (but i haven't even got it to compile :(
* info on low-latency under linux, benchmarks etc. (benno ?)
* booth decoration (logo, banner, info charts etc.)
* cooperation w/ ALSA folks. maybe a shared booth ? who will contact
the alsa guys ?
* organise enough people to keep the booth open all the time
* would it make sense to have someone present a paper, as robert
suggests ? who ?
* technical planning in detail.
* sponsoring for travel costs
* accomodation (not urgent yet)

there has been a good deal of off-list mail exchange, and so it has
become a little difficult to follow what's going on. this has become
quite a cc: bomb, but i'd suggest that we use this thread to
organize things, so that everyone is kept posted.

how exactly do we share the work ?

frank has started all this, so i think he gets to be the man in
charge :)
frank, could you try to define what we want and why ?
i (jörn) would be willing to organize the music demonstration and
the audio set-up.

let's keep the ball rolling until july.

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany