[linux-audio-dev] Re: LinuxTag things to do:

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: LinuxTag things to do:
From: Robert Schrem (robert.schrem_AT_WiredMinds.de)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 20:44:10 EET

> already there:
> ==============
>
> booth space: frank has already got a confirmation.
> hardware: jörn, dual p3/600/512m, sblive, ens1371
> robert, dual p2/400 and two 400+ UP machines
> jörn, some 100baseT network gear
> audio gear: robert, plenty of studio stuff, PA (?)
> jörn, some studio stuff, a good keyboard

I can extend my equipment offer:
100baseT switch (8 Ports)
Various keyboards with MIDI (O1/W and others)

I can organize more equipment from friends
here in Stuttgart for free if needed, just drop me
a message what you need for your demonstartion
and I will tell you what I can do :)

After all:
I think we should keep in mind, that the booth
will be pretty small. Last Summer the average booth
was only a few square meters for each group.
So we should take only that equipment with us, that
we really need. Also we woun't be able to
make too much noise without disturbing all
the other folks too much - maybe we sould
use headphons...?

But probaly we could make a small temporary
demonstration - like a live event - let's say
for a one hour a day, just like a concert.
Probably we could do that instead of a
more theoretical speech about linux and audio.
Some kind of hand's on expirience for
the audience would be fine...

> to do:
> ======
>
> * a short paper on what we want to show, and why
> * a list of software that is to be demonstrated, and folks who
> really can operate it
> * we MUST get a bunch of LADSPA hosts running
> * i'd love to see ardour (but i haven't even got it to compile :(
> * info on low-latency under linux, benchmarks etc. (benno ?)
> * booth decoration (logo, banner, info charts etc.)
> * cooperation w/ ALSA folks. maybe a shared booth ? who will contact
> the alsa guys ?
> * organise enough people to keep the booth open all the time

Did I say that you can coun't on me on a few day's ?-)

> how exactly do we share the work ?

I could do infrastructural things - like local
transport, equipment and helping people to
get around in Stuttgart if needed (like train
station/airport lifts for people with heavy
lugage etc.).