Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started" Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started" Question
From: Greg Berchin (76145.2455_AT_compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 17:38:45 EEST

Paul Winkler, Reine, Kevin Conder, Herbert Stocker, André Majorel, and
anyone else who has responded to my request but whose reply hasn't arrived,
yet; thank you sincerely. I think that you all have given me the kinds of
information that I need to get started. It will take me a while to digest
it.

It's a daunting task, learning Linux in general and also learning low-level
Linux at the same time. Man pages are useful, but only if you know what to
look for! (It's like trying to use a dictionary to find out how to spell a
word -- you need to know how to spell the word to find it in the
dictionary, but then you wouldn't need to!) I have been digging through
directories, trying to find examples of source code, with little luck
because I either cannot find the code or if I do it is totally uncommented.

In the mean time, perhaps I can give something back to the list by offering
to help answer signal processing questions, if anyone has any. THAT part
of this process I can usually handle.

Kind regards,
Greg Berchin