Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA, Muse, alsa-seq, emu10k ... and full duplex problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA, Muse, alsa-seq, emu10k ... and full duplex problems
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 12:34:01 EEST

Jörn Nettingsmeier hat gesagt: // Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > ** Something else: **
> >
> > I would really like to hear, if you or some other sblive users got full duplex
> > mode working, without glitches, cracks and pops after some time.
>
> when we played around with various applications at the LinuxTag
> booth (like the ladspa vocoder plugin running inside glame), we had
> distortion regularly. on franks machine, moving a window sometimes
> helped...
> the glame wiz-kids suspect some sort of dma problem, but no solution
> yet.
> on my home machine, i'm seeing the same, but window dragging doesn't
> cure it.
>
> this behaviour is definitely alsa-specific. when using
> oss-emulation, it disappears (at the cost of half a second latency).

I experienced the same with csound (only OSS) but without the 15 minutes
of good sound ;-(

BTW: Is it possible to run csound without full duplex turned on?

> btw, frank, there was a guy from deutschlandradio doing a short
> feature with frank neumann. do you happen to have a recording of
> that ? i'm not sure anyone of the lad booth staff taped it.

It has not been aired yet, maybe today (saturday 16:30).
I will mp3-tape it anyways and then I put it on our webpage,
promised...

bye,

--
                                                 __    __