Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 16:23:28 EEST

Sorry for the OT, but I thought that WaveLab is not a multitrack
tool, but more of a wave editing solution, like for putting together
samples for a sampler, and I thought that Cubase VST was used for
multitracking. I have used samplitude VERY much, but, I use alot of
midi too. The problem using samplitude and another tool for midi
sequencing is that there are latency problems and it can really screw
up a song. With Cubase, I do both in the same tool and the problem is
not as bad. Though I have seen some MIDI note problems with my 300Mhz
machine. I hope that with this LAAGA stuff, and low-latency work,
that finally I can switch to linux and do both :)

Rick