Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 18:16:42 EEST

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> >Err - for which part of GNOME or its dependencies are no binaries
> >available??? Paul, what are you smoking??? The above is precisely
> >the problem with adour which certainly doesnt depend on GNOME but
> >libraries for which no binaries are available...
>
> the words were:

> which i read as saying "i have to install a bunch of libraries because
> i have to compile an application and i have to compile the application
> because the author does not make binaries available".
>
> this is true of ANY application that is not distributed as a
> statically-linked binary.

Dynamically linked usually suffices. GLAME 0.4.2 is available as binary
debian package in the unstable distribution, its also included in the
mandrake distribution. I dont know about other distribution, nor if
someone makes GLAME 0.5.2 binary packages available.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/