Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 18:11:18 EEST

>Err - for which part of GNOME or its dependencies are no binaries
>available??? Paul, what are you smoking??? The above is precisely
>the problem with adour which certainly doesnt depend on GNOME but
>libraries for which no binaries are available...

the words were:

>> >(not alot of excessive library inclusion that I have to install
>> >every libtom-libdick-and-libharry libs just to compile it- because there no
>> >binaries available),

which i read as saying "i have to install a bunch of libraries because
i have to compile an application and i have to compile the application
because the author does not make binaries available".

this is true of ANY application that is not distributed as a
statically-linked binary.

--p