Re: [linux-audio-dev] what's wrong with glame

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] what's wrong with glame
From: Kevin Hremeviuc (khremeviuc_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 13:19:25 EEST

Hi all,

 --- Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 04:54:09AM +0900, Patrick
> Shirkey wrote:
> > Richard Dobson said:
> >
> > >and, wherever possible, ensure that the most
> frequently performed tasks
> > >(which may be the most argued-over parameter, of
> course) require the
> > >least number of steps. A sub-menu requires at
> least four, possibly five
> > >steps:
> >
> > How difficult would it be to add a statistical
> analysis function to the
> > program which tracks the most used menu items and
> organises them into a
> > seperate menu specifically for the most used
> items?
>
> Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!
>
> That way lies madness. Have you used win2k? I find
> it really anoying.

I agree totally!!! W2K and the Microsoft philosophy of
trying to do as many stupid values adds, to justify
there ridiculous price tag ( given the volume sold )
are incredibly annoying.

User interfaces need to be intuitive. For linux
applications it is better to satisfy the 90
percentile. Bells and whistles should be left to
professional software companies in competitive markets
where the price tag and the functional inanity reach
mind boggling levels.

What is needed is good robust applications that offer
sensible functionality with intuitive user interfaces.