RE: [linux-audio-dev] OSS question

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] OSS question
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 19:33:33 EEST

  you cannot catch SIGKILL, but generally you shouldn't kill application
using SIGKILL (only if it does not respond to SIGTERM) - precisely for that
reason - it does not have a chance to exit gracefully.

  as for you problem - I guess setting a signal handler that closes audio
device (if still opened!) is the right way to go. It should be done by the
default exit routine though so I am not sure if you gain anything.

        erik