Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.
From: brian redfern (nutmeggatron_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 18:56:27 EEST

Actually the gimp doing video and audio would be the
best, I was just thinking about it myself, as an
artist I've found that the gimp is really the main
reason I got into linux in the first place. A gimp
plugin that can load and edit large audio files makes
perfect sense to me. I do get a good amount of use out
of DAP, but it doesn't handle large audio files well.
I tried to record a dj mix this weekend and went
through lots of difficulties getting my machine to not
freeze up while recording an hour of music. We really
need something that can handle large stereo files.
Another area where audio gimp plugins could get
interesting is to have something similar to meta synth
on the mac, which allows you to draw a sound's
frequency with images.
--- Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com>

=====
This message was
sent by
Brian W. Redfern