[linux-audio-dev] Announce: Mstation manual now browsable online.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Announce: Mstation manual now browsable online.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 07:32:32 EEST

Mark wrote to me with these ideas and has spurred me into action. This
is probably useless for 90% of the people on this list but you may be
want to point your friends to it.

John. Can you put a link up on mstation.org

also if the ALSA crew are following you will probably want to update the
Documentation link on your site.

Kai. I would like to include your excellent round up on the status of
LAD. Do you mind?

-------
Mark Constable wrote:

> What's missing is a concise guide to the current
> state of audio on linux AND how to set it up and
> get to point of actually doing something useful.

Actually, a couple of us kind of attempted that last year with the
manual for Mstation. Currently available as a tarball and webpage on
line. Maybe I should have let more people know. But you stirred
something in my brain with this point so I have now put the manual on a
page with no advertising. Boosthardware is the new host for the mstation
manual.

http://www.boosthardware.com/Mstation/doc/index.html

> It would be better if all the projects amalgamated
> but I suspect increased fragmentation is going to
> happen... every man and his woof-woof will be able
> to spend 1/2 year and hack someone else code, make
> some improvements and have yet another package.
>
> I think the best that can be hoped for, in a proactive
> sense, is to work on providing meta info about all
> the projects and aggregate all the mailing-lists and
> web site info (anything public) onto a single site...
> or system that re-propogates it... and try to
> encourage users to input their experience with
> various software under various conditions into
> some weblog/slashdot-like interface.

Sounds good. Are you saying we have to educate each other about our
improvements? It's worth looking into. The new site that Benno is
cooking up should go a long way on this front. But This is essentially
the same thing as mstation so now I'm kindof confused. Is there anyway
that LAD/LAU can be amalgamated with mstation?

> I'd like to see something like an offer on some
> site for a u-beaut LAD t-shirt for 10k word articles
> and put out feelers on various devel lists for
> contributors for trinketry (t-shirts,mugs,caps) to
> hook in semi-serious documentation about the USAGE
> of what the developers are cooking up.
>
> Like many I suspect... I joined LAD to learn about
> the state of audio on linux and... I ain't learnt
> much of any applicable tricks o trade... nada.

A good reason for adding a LAU list.

> Perhaps the proposed changes to the LAD website
> are a step in the right direction ?
>
> --markc

 In fact what you have are looking for would seem to be the mstation
website.

http://www.mstation.org

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware.
Importing Korean Computer Hardware to New Zealand.

http://www.boosthardware.com for latest stock and prices.