Re: [linux-audio-dev] linuxaudiodev.org .. Was: portal ... Re: Low Latency Kernel Combos

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linuxaudiodev.org .. Was: portal ... Re: Low Latency Kernel Combos
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 21:20:15 EEST

I want to change my vote on the new portal. At first I thought that
another purely news site with a prominent link to the lists would be a
good idea but now I feel we would be better served by having the the
lists actively displayed.

What is the likelyhood of having news in one frame and the list in
another frame. Or even having the news around the outer edge of the
lists. Realistically we are musos and tend not to be as drawn to
graphics as we are thought.

So because the lists works well as a forum why not display it as the
main attraction? At the moment the window is split into three vertical
columns but why do we need to put the news in the large middle column?

If we are going to provide this service to each other lets make it as
subconsciously userfriendly as we can. Is there anyone out there who has
expert marketing/design skills?

How about having the length of the post displayed next to the subject
line and maybe even the first paragraph. I would like to be able to
click on the mail and have netscape automatically load it as a reply. We
could even have a smaller list of the most read threads over the past
month.

The benefits of having the portal working like this are that anyone can
access the posts from anywhere in the world and still keep up with
events. That's important to me because I travel a lot at the moment. All
we have to remember is www.linuxaudiodev.org.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware.
Importing Korean Computer Hardware to New Zealand.

http://www.boosthardware.com for latest stock and prices.