Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 21:55:30 EEST

> I always wondered if there are any patent issues with edl?

I doubt it. Every proprietary system that I have seen does it, and I
have never heard of a legal challenge. The aes-31 standard addresses
the fact that all of these proprietary implementations are essentially
doing the same thing, so a single non-proprietary method will allow
projects to be portable between platforms.

Tom