Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 22:15:18 EEST

-dgm wrote:

> I personally switched to Linux from MacOS because I like
>these tools.

I'm here because I think GHU/Linux is the most wonderful development in
computing since the abacus.

>However, I like "new-school" graphical sequencer-type apps as well. One
>of the great things about Linux is that (at least since KDE and Gnome),
>you can have the old-school commandline interface and the pretty GUI too.
>If we had a nice graphical edl as well, then we would be set, because
>those older programs really do offer something different from what
>sequencer apps (like Logic Audio, or Cubase, or even ProTools) don't.

Plus they are open source and made by open minds.

>As far as why so few people seem to be contributing to projects like
>Ardour and Broadcast 2000, well, how many people out there have both the
>coding skill and musical expertise to contribute to such a project?

Plenty. They are just too busy doing there own things. Fair enough too,
but man is it holding back the speed of development around here.

Anyhow, I just got some new EVT lenses which are basically
(clear)sunglasses for reading a computer screen and my ability to focus
and output has tripled or even quadrupled. I highly recommend them to
anyone who is suffering from electomagnetic stress and screen glare.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware.
Importing Korean Computer Hardware to New Zealand.

http://www.boosthardware.com for latest stock and prices.