Re: [linux-audio-dev] linuxaudiodev.org .. Was: portal ... Re: Low Latency Kernel Combos

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linuxaudiodev.org .. Was: portal ... Re: Low Latency Kernel Combos
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 22:03:01 EEST

Joern wrote:

>problems remembering http://www.eca.cx/lad ?
>or http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad --> archive ?

For the odd absent minded professor, possibly ;-]

>please, you are not seriously suggesting that the page mirrors every
>post to lad and lets people answer to the list via a html form !

Did I say that?

Benno has made an interesting challenge to the status quo. I am only
adding my perspective that it could be useful to have this site more
dynamic. It would definitely make it easier for users who do not spend
their entire life browsing this list.

>this is a quiet little mailing list,

On what planet?

> not slashdot, and certainly not
>usenet. many people do like it as it is, especially because there is
>so little noise

Compared to slashdot there is nearly negative noise. It's fair enough
that you don't want to have people sending worthless mails of abuse here
but creatively (or not) stirring the fire can do wonders for progressing
ideas and concepts.

.
>while i'm open to any improvements or new concepts for the list
>homepage (or an extra lad news page), i think your suggestion
>plainly makes no sense. why duplicate things all the time ?

I am not suggesting duplicating things but instead upgrading the level
of accesibility. Please don't think I'm trying to dis your work. But
surely this list is the most interesting forum for the Linux music
community and should in my opinion be willing to expand to meet the
needs of the general masses who will be interested in our progress.

>with unified messaging being the buzzword of the week, next thing
>people come up with is a fax-to-sms-to-voicemail interface for lad.

Nice point.

>folks, this is a mailing list.
>and maybe a website.

Sure if it ain't broke don't fix it.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware.
Importing Korean Computer Hardware to New Zealand.

http://www.boosthardware.com for latest stock and prices.