Re: [linux-audio-dev] CSL-0.1.2 Release

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] CSL-0.1.2 Release
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 01:00:40 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> >> Your model describes a world that has already been shown to be full of
> >> problems and complexity. Other *existing* models that are as simple as
> >> the one I propose have been shown to work for much more powerful audio
> >> applications than we have on Linux at the present time.
> >
> >I think it's not the right approach to try to lobotomize an existing
> >world to not cope with its complexities.
>
> when the existing world is itself a man-made creation, and a rather
> short-lived one at that, i think a lobotomy is perfectly justified.

I was referring to audio hardware and application needs with "existing
world".

> >You're simply saying that some (most?) objects have no properties. This
> >is supported by my model. But other do have some. This is the truth.
>
> No, I'm saying that almost all applications do not need to know about
> or modify object properties, and therefore, they should be able to use
> an API that doesn't include them.

I'm confident that time will change your mind.

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!