Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Question to developers of sound editors.
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 23:51:50 EEST

>From: Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer_AT_cs.nmsu.edu>
>
>Sorry, that's not a helpful comment. Why are they a bad solution?
>In what way does the software need to be improved?

A few months ago I posted a list of recorder features which are must
in my opinion.

I keep getting suggestion that I should use ImageMagick when I request
some simple batch processing features to GIMP ("GIMP is not meant for
such use") -- why those features cannot be programmed to GIMP too? That
would make GIMP more powerful. GIMP and ImageMagick don't mix together in
any way, and that usually means inefficient use.

The same comments applies to audio software. First we need a best possible
framework (LAAGA/LADSPA etc.), but that is not enough: we need good
features as well.

Back to original mail:
I have plenty of simple cooperation ideas, starting from GUI widgets.
When we start programming?

Juhana