Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Digital Audio Workstation in C?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Digital Audio Workstation in C?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 16:10:02 EEST

Robert Jonsson wrote:

> To get a more complete list of what to chose from look at
> http://sound.condorow.net/ which is the main site for linux and music/sound.
> (Though www.linuxaudiodev.org will give it competition "real-soon-now" tm).

Not real soon, I think... ;)

Seriously, I view the development of sites like Benno's or M-station
(http://www.mstation.org) or Linux Music (http://www.linuxmusic.fr.st/)
as all desirable evolutions. I doubt that anyone else in their right
mind would want to undertake another list like the one at
sound.condorow.net, and none of those sites attempt such a complete
list. However, the other sites do provide in-depth reviews, interviews,
FAQ sheets, and so forth, things I simply don't have time for but that
many users want and need. I'm especially impressed with Miriam
Rainford's newStuff() column at John Littler's M-station.

Lots of good things happening in Linux audio these days...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net