Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Digital Audio Workstation in C?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Digital Audio Workstation in C?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 09:35:24 EEST

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been away from Linux audio development in general and this list in
> particular from some time but I would now like to move back into this area.
>
> I'm looking for a Linux DAW style project to join and hopefully contribute
> to. My main requirement is that the project be C based as C++ hurts my head
> too much. I've had a look a freshmeat.net but really couldn't find anything.

Hi Eric,

To get a more complete list of what to chose from look at
http://sound.condorow.net/ which is the main site for linux and music/sound.
(Though www.linuxaudiodev.org will give it competition "real-soon-now" tm). You
could also perhaps browse www.sourceforge.net, the parts about multimedia/audio
(there is categories).

If you are not going to use C++ I would think the selection is a bit more
limited.
And I'd also like to emphazise, do not start a c,c++ war, at least not in this
forum ;-).

/Robert