[linux-audio-dev] synchronous midi/audio recording

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] synchronous midi/audio recording
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 23:34:09 EEST

My understanding is that LAAGA currently defines only a free-running
server. Any client that performs recording, sequencing, arranging, or
edl based editing must define its own internal timeline.

> personally, the thought of being able to run Muse and Ardour in
> complete sync with each other makes me very impatient ...

Not too impatient, I hope. What happens when one wants to record MIDI
in MusE and audio in Ardour simultaneously? And what if the timeline is
coming from a video tape?

I think that LAAGA must be expanded to provide timeline synchronization
services for recorders/sequencers/arrangers while simultaneously
providing free-running synchronization for mixers, fx processors, etc.

Tom