Re: [linux-audio-dev] the radikal SAC-2K

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] the radikal SAC-2K
From: Greg Turpin (gregturp_AT_home.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 08:07:28 EEST

Paul,

  What really gets to me is this:

   If your competitors have to look at your specs to create a product -
your competitors are screwed. They're behind the times. They're playing
catch-up.

   Why can't these companies see this? I'm sure this same situation
happens all the time with people wanting to create open-source drivers
for a piece of hardware.

  Of course, if they are so afraid that competitors will be able to copy,
then maybe their product is not all that special.

  Oh well, so is life, so is Linux.

  It's their product, they have every right to release it under their
licenses/permissions.

Sorry for ranting,

Greg

--