Re: [linux-audio-dev] Q: recording output from audio applications to disk

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Q: recording output from audio applications to disk
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 20:52:07 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> >> its not possible with OSS, and its not possible with current
> >> ALSA.
> >
> >No, this is wrong, you can do what you want using PCM type file.
>
> a short time ago on alsa-devel, jaroslav told us that the "loopback"
> mechanism was gone and would not be back.

And he's right: we still don't have the lb_server type (i.e. the
possibility to access the input or output of another application using a
pcm_shm).

PCM type file is only a plugin that write data that goes through it to a
file descriptor.

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!