[linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag Infomail #2

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag Infomail #2
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 21:02:58 EEST

Hi all,
this is a rather short second infomail, but I need to get this out
quickly -

Staffing the booth
------------------
Thanks to those of you who responded that they will actually take part
in
staffing the LAD booth at LinuxTag 2001. Right now, my list of positive
"ACK" mails looks like this:

- Frank Neumann
- Jörn Nettingsmeier
- Jürgen Erhard
- Josh Green
- Alexander Ehlert
- Daniel Kobras
- Richard Günther
- Benno Senoner (only for 3 days, though)
- (Tobias Ulbricht - not sure yet)
- (Robert Schrem - will provide hardware and be around at the booth
  occasionally)

The following persons gave me NACKs - they cannot come:
- Steve Harris
- Francois Dechelle (but he's currently helping in putting together some
jMax
  demos - let's just hope I manage to get the JDK/JRE stuff installed on
my
  machine in time :-)

I still have not gotten any information from these:
- Matthias Weiss
- Nicola Bernadini
- Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu (is he and Nicola on this list?)
- Werner Schweer

Please let me know your current status on this soon.

-------------
- IMPORTANT -
-------------

Though I wrote last week that I'll collect your names and times and hand
that
over to Martin 'Joey' Schulze who organizes our stay for the nights at
the
university's gym hall, I have to correct myself here:

It is REQUIRED that you personally send a mail to Joey with your
information
about how many nights you wish to sleep at the gym hall, how many
breakfasts
you'd like to have etc. To do this, please go to:
http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/events/LinuxTag2001/infomail-3.html
and copy the form in that article to an editor, fill it out and mail it
Joey (joey_AT_linuxtag.org). Please do this as soon as possible.

Getting there
-------------

Josh Green will arrive at the Stuttgart airport on July 4th, 4:45 PM and
could
use a lift to the Messezentrum. Anyone from Stuttgart willing to help
him
there (Robert?)?

Hardware
--------

Unfortunately, it seems like the offer from a local Music instruments
shop
("Rockshop") to lend some hardware for the LinuxTag is no more valid -
they
want to charge me for it :\. I'll still have to ask again on Monday,
though,
because the reply I got yesterday was from someone who probably doesn't
know all the details I had negotiated with them earlier. This is not
very
critical, though - I believe we can bring together enough hardware
ourselves.

Software
--------
As said above, I'm working with Francois Dechelles on getting something
together to demonstrate jMax. Unfortunately, I have NO experience with
this
software yet, so I hope someone else can help out a little there. :-)

*

Also, I guess it's about time I learnt to compile/use Ardour - Paul, can
you
give me (and probably all of us) a few hints on what is currently the
best/
most stable version, and what prerequisites it got? From some other
people's
mails, it sounded to me as if this is really no trivial task.
Oh, and by the way - I hope I can somehow make use of Ardour even when I
do not have a Hammerfall? I'm missing some bits on information here..

*

Also, I'm trying to put together a list of "favourite settings for your
favourite LADSPA plugins". So, if some of you have some typical uses for
e.g. some Multiband EQ, Reverb, Distorter or whatever, I'd like to hear
from
you. Anything is good, but I'm more interested in clearly audible
effects
than subtle changes - the fair is a noisy place, and people probably
won't be
able to hear the difference between a signal and its noise-reduced
version
there.

That's all for now,
Frank

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            ST Microelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe