Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins
From: Remco Poelstra (rjpoelstra_AT_home.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:34:04 EEST

On di, 12 jun 2001 17:32:47 Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 02:18:04PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> > Anyone would like to write a LADSPA wrapper for my reverb and
> > for my binaural multitap echo? After several months break I finally
> > had time to put a stereo output for my reverb, but I'm not sure
> > if it has the pipe (tunneling) effect. It works for the vocals
> > and for a noise click, but more testing would be needed.
>
> Sure, I'd be happy to write a LADSPA wrapper for the reverb.
>
> > OK, I would like to have it as LADSPA plug-in so that people could
> > test it but also so that we could develop further features to it
> > if needed. I also would like to develop a reverb based on Torger's
> > convolver: auditory simulation by ray tracing etc.
>
> Interesting, I was thinking about a ray traced reverb recently, but
> hadn;t
> found time to sit down and think about the maths or look for papers.

Do you mean specifying walls and calculate the reflections points and then
calculate distance and so on?
In that case I've once writen a Pascal program, that did that. You might
want to look at it for inspiration for how to implement the algorithm (I
can not garantuee that it's a clever algorithm I use, but i works.)

Remco Poelstra